Hosting an At-Home Try-On Session
All the appointment perks of friends, family and twirling dresses - at home!
Buying a wedding dress online can be a little nerve racking which is why we’ve introduced virtual styling appointments to help guide you through the process and narrow down your picks to *the* one. To make your try-on experience extra special the Vow’d stylists have compiled a few tips and tricks for hosting a faux bridal appointment in your home.
Let’s paint you a picture…
The doorbell rings, you open the door and a Vow’d box has arrived (happy dance)! Now it’s time to put your grand plan in motion. You call your best gal pals and closest family to convene at your house with sweet treats and champagne in toe. Let the mini-wedding fashion show commence!
To make the day extra special we recommend –
- Putting on some happy music to sway to (check out our Spotify playlist)
- Mixing up a batch of our Blushing Bride Sangria to share
- 1 bottle pink moscato wine (or sweet rosè)
- ½ cup gin
- 2 cups lemon soda
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 6-10 large strawberries,
- Slice half for garnishing
- Muddle the rest
- Nominating someone to snap some pics…and TikTok videos
- Prepping yourself! Wear nude and seamless undergarments and, if available, wear shoes that are similar in height to the ones that you plan on wearing on the wedding day.
- Stylist Tip: You should have a fresh face with little-to-no makeup to avoid staining the dress.
- Having an extra set of hands to help you in and out of the dresses
- Stylist Tip: If the dress has a back zipper, you will step into the dress. If the dress has a side zipper, you will pull it over your head
- Trying the dresses on in a room that has the most natural lighting.